– Broccoli wasn’t his favourite taste at all. In fact he reacted by retching. Not good.
1.5 bedroom bear cave. And still feel relaxed and comfortable too!
– Transporting an illusion cake through car journeys, car parks, bowling and a restaurant takes dedication. And a lovely person like our friend Sarah to carry it around all day. Big, BIG thank you to you if you’re reading this lovely!
– I have done something to my poor back and have been on painkillers most of the week. It certainly didn’t help with bowling. I had to use the metal frame thing, which made me feel like a right prat…. especially when the only other people using them were little and around 5+ years old. The amount that still ended up in the gutter was embarrassing too! It’s the taking part that counts though right?
– PB lost his voice on Friday night. Cue lots of throat lozenges, drinks and complete voice rest in order to restore it by the time everyone arrived Saturday afternoon. It was weird not being able to talk to each other…. I’m not sure we managed it that we’ll either!
– Saturday night was bloody surreal! The lovely staff at Ask restaurant, Brighton, gave us 6 of their beautiful drinking glasses (which we had admired all evening) as an apology for their electricity tripping after some rude diners at another table decided to smash one of the lights (they made complete fools of themselves all evening). We then bumped into politician Jeremy Corbyn on our way to a bar! He’s down here in Brighton for the Labour Conference at the moment and myself and PB approached him and he was very nice. And just as dishevelled in person as he is on telly!haha! We then went to a place called the Cocktail Shack and got steadily pissed on a variety of Cocktails and out of nowhere, a glass exploded over our friend (she was ok, no injuries luckily!) and someone somewhere took over the Bluetooth of the bar and randomly blared out 50 cent in amongst old classics like the Beach Boys! We all stumbled home about 12.30am, uncontrollable giggles vibrating out of us as we went.
– Having a bad back whilst tending to a 20 week old is tough. Please send a winch. And more painkillers.
– Our bedtime routine is the best thing we ever made up our minds to do. It makes it so much easier to get baby to sleep!
– Baby is trying so hard to sit up on his own! He looks very drunk and tips over after a few seconds of successfully staying vertical which I must confess makes me laugh every time. He’s getting there though!
– Now that he can grip toys better, he is able to amuse himself for a little longer than before. Which means I can fix myself breakfast or put a wash on without being summoned back after 30 seconds!