Do you ever have moments where you feel like your heart could burst with love for someone? Where you wish you could grab that point in time and freeze frame it somewhere in a Narnian wardrobe type scenario and step back into it any time you like, because you know that there will be a time in the distant future where it would be so treasured and needed?
I have these moments a lot since BB came along. They grow so fast and life is so busy all the time, the panic that I will forget everything or feel I haven’t treasured it enough frequently haunts me. And this week has just been full of them!
PB and I celebrated our 4th anniversary of being a couple (wedding not even planned yet… watch this space… the guest list brings me out in a cold sweat alone!) and we spent a beautiful sunny day out, just the 3 of us as a family, mooching around shops, stopping for lunch and even enjoying a scenic route home through the countryside just in time to witness a sunset that licensed a 1000 pictures and paintings just to do it justice.
NOTE: I neither pictured or painted it because I was too busy being selfish and trying to freeze frame it into fictional storage.
Then there was the moment I was stood in the doorway of our bedroom, waiting for BB’s bath to run, watching PB blowing raspberries on BB’s tummy and tickling his underarms. It rendered them both into fits of giggles that were infectious and I jumped in and the two of us parents launched an even bigger tickle attack between us onto our nappy clad victim! That sound of him giggling, THAT needs to be frozen in time, for sure.
But, of course I am devoid of any magic and so I simply take the time to note all the details of the moment down in my head and hope that it sticks. Maybe there’s a little person in there, running around a floor to ceiling library type setting; with the details written on little files and labelling my ‘freeze worthy’ moments as ‘Keep Forever’?
Probably as likely as Narnia right?
Additional information and findings from this week:
– Driving back from Portsmouth via the countryside routes meant we went through about 3 different signal areas for 1 radio station. Each signal area had about a 30 second to 1 minute delay compared with the other which meant that any song that came on lasted around 5 minutes or more and kept cutting in at different parts. Have you ever heard Sting’s ‘Every breath you take’ last for 6 minutes? It’s hilarious.
– BB now has 6 teeth! We have two incisors breaking through at the same time on the top row! He’s been a star through it all and despite the odd dribbly/grinchy/rosey cheeked moment, I wouldn’t have even noticed that these ones had come in.
– Either through the new dental development or just a case of practice makes perfect, BB is also really getting the hang of eating finger foods confidently and chomping on things rather than just sucking on them til they become a pulp. We’re still working on the spoon/bowl/limited mess scenario and helping him try new flavours and textures but I think it’s all about slow but steady progress. Patience seems to be the theme with most things…
– Such as crawling. He is so CLOSE! When he does manage it he goes backwards. Then he ends up nearly disappearing under the table or the sofa and panicking so I have to pick him up and let him try again. It reminds me of those wind up toys you race that are rearing to go and then travel off course and wind up flailing around on their backs/fronts/sides until you set them right again. That is what crawling is all about!
– He might be struggling with the concept of crawling, but standing up is his favourite. We set him up on his feet and hold arms for support and he manages to stand for a good 20 seconds before his legs wobble. Perhaps he will skip the crawling altogether and go for the big prize?! Heaven help me if he does!
|This pic makes me giggle a lot. The bear hat, the cheeky little person wearing it, the concentration on said little person’s face for trying to grab the metal coin chain on the handle of the trolley and lastly the slogan on the trolley’s handle sign. Haha! So easily amused.
<a href=”http://www.twinmummyanddaddy.com/p/binky-linky.html” title=”Binky Linky”><img src=”http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p184/emily_higgins1/BinkyLinkyBadge_zps6c7e0adf.jpg” alt=”Binky Linky” style=”border:none;” /></a></div>